Followers

Monday 24 October 2011

Veronica Lake

Hello.  A short and sweet post this evening (my posts are getting way too long!) - I thought I would share this very quick, and fairly clean & simple, card I made today, after a day of mounting stamps and sorting out craft stuff (it's getting a bit untidy!):

I bought the stamp from Ebay ages ago, but I think it's a Stampsmith one - I thought maybe it was Lauren Bacall until my other half googled it and found out it's Veronica Lake.  The champage label and sentiment are by Indigo Blu (from Brideshead plate) and have been masked, then over-stamped with the background stamp (Lost Coast Designs).  For the background stamping I used Versafine Smokey Gray and the image is stamped in black Memento.  I coloured just her lips in Fired Brick (I nearly gave her an Elvis lip by mistake, lol).

Lost Coast background stamp & Indigo Blu Brideshead plate are both from Craft-Room, Veronica Lake photostamp could possibly be from the Stampsmith.

I'm entering it into:

The Squirrel and The Fox - One For The Girls
One Stop Craft Challenge - No Designer Paper
Moving Along With The Times - Vintage (#119)
Pollycraft Challenge Blog - Girls, Girls, Girls

Have a great week.

Maria x

9 comments:

Debi said...

great stamps, and I love this card maria , Debi x

Jean said...

A super card, great stamping. Jean x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow so elagant
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our vintage challenge
Lisa x

Arabella said...

Fab card Maria! I love that sentiment!

Thanks for joining us for the Girls Girls Girls challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella

hazel said...

Fabulous card, I love the image it brought back memories for me. Many many years ago I had the same hairstyle and a man I use to work with used to call me Veronica.
xxx Hazel.

Jacq said...

Hi Maria,
Oh this is just Beautiful!!! Love the image, the dp, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout. Such a beautiful feminine card. Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox and Goos Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, this is super and just right for the Vintage challenge on MAWTT, thanks for playing along, Hazelxoxo

gina g said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at One Stop Crafts this week and good luck. luv gina xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Maria, love your card and that image is fantastic, My dad used to call me Veronica Lake when I was little because my hair was always covering my eyes lol !

Marie