Followers

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Black & White - Craft-Room Challenge DT Project

Hi everyone!  What wonderful Feline projects we had in the last Craft-Room Challenge!  Good luck to everyone who entered.

However, it's time for another challenge, and this time the wonderfully talented Kim has chosen the theme of Black & White.  There's a £10 voucher to spend in Craft-Room up for grabs in the random draw and, as usual, a top 3 will be chosen.  Check out the full rules here.

I love black & white, but when it came to my project, my mojo did a bit of a disappearing act.  My first idea was scrapped (you know how it is!), and then I thought of the new Lost Coast ballerina stamp that I'd not yet used.  I decided to make her a bit festive and gave her some Christmas wings (from the Andy Skinner Simply Angelic set) and thought she would look nice dancing in some snow.  This is how she turned out:

I covered some white card with Black Soot DI, stamped her in Versamark and embossed her in snow white embossing powder - I also used this for the words.  I then masked her and stamped the wings then embossed them in Wow White Sparkle.  I used a versamark pen on the bottom (for the snow) and also embossed in the Wow powder.  The stars are done with a Quickie glue pen and Jones Tones glitter and white sparkle Lustre rub on around the edge to give it a bit of a misty look.  I decided not to make this into a card (surprise surprise!!!) so I used the Black Soot again and covered the edges of Tando 6 x 6 Chipboard, then mounted my project onto it.

Not content with stopping there, I had an old wooden 3d box frame that I no longer use and it just happened to hold 6 x 6, so I gave it 2 coats of white acrylic paint (99p from Wilkinsons!).  Thinking it was a bit too plain, I used another Lustre Rub-on (black - Midnight Sparkle) and went over the frame with it on my finger, lightly at first, dragging the paste/cream from the corners outwards and then all over.

Nearly there ...
Then I added a little of each of the following, here and there:  Ranger Crackle Accents in clear rock candy, Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Metallic Glaze, and clear Distress Stickles, then a little more Midnight Sparkle rub-on - these have given it a nice sheen and a subtle twinkle, but it doesn't really show up in the picture.

Finished!
I'm happy with it now :-)

Ballerina by Lost Coast Designs, Andy Skinner "Simply Angelic" wings, Tando chipboard & Black Soot DI all from Craft Room, Wow embossing powder from Wow website, frame from Asda (many years ago), Jones Tones Glitter from Lavinia Stamps, and lustre rub-ons (kit 4) from Happy Daze.

I can't wait to see all your entries - the possibilities are endless - so check out the rest of the Design Teams projects for inspiration.

I'm also going to enter this project into the following challenges:

The Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Anything But A Card (#6)
Incy Wincy Designs - Recycle (the 3d wooden box frame)
Ooh La La Creations - Let It Snow (#91)
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Flying Things (#135)
Bling It On - No Patterned Papers
Little Claire's Designs - Christmas (#14)
Saturday Challenge - White Plus One Other Colour - my other colour is black (#156)
Happy Daze - Christmas or Halloween

Maria x

23 comments:

Debi said...

I love the sense of movement that you've managed to create, great card Maria, Debi x

craft-roomjulia said...

Wow Maria, the box finishes the card off to perfection, and it's now not a card, (not like you). It is so very elegant and the two sets of stamps work in perfect harmony. Love it. Love Julia xxxx

hazel said...

I love this Maria. I love how you've put the wings on the ballerina - it's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Kim B said...

So very pretty and love the sparkles. Kim x

Mervi said...

Hi Maria, love this, absolutely one of my favourites, great idea with the snow effect;-))m

Cindy Groh said...

Stunning! It caught my eye on a challenge and I had to come over to your blog and tell you how much I love what you have done:)

downrightcrafty said...

a gorgeous creation thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Gio said...

The card is so elegant, the frame is such a brilliant idea!

Curly said...

Oh wow this is so gorgeous I love the design and layout and fabulous colour theme too, its just perfect for our challenge

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 156 White and one other Colour

I hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful frame, love this black and white creation. Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

DesigNeAl said...

WOW, what a fantastic frame, I love it!
Thanks a mil for sharing your beautiful Let it Snow project with us at Ooh La la; we hope to see you again soon xx

maxine said...

lovely card
maxine gd ollcb

Zoechaos said...

Lovely delicate sparkly piece brilliant merging of the stamps. Wonderful XOXO Zoe

Andie's Space said...

Hi Maria,
This is amazing. I love the stamps you used. They look wonderful together. The frame finishes it off beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Terry said...

What a stunning framed Ballerina! Love how you combined stamps and the wings look wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous hanging, gthe image is beautiful. Thankyou for joining us at FSC this time. Yvonne

lisbeth said...

Love your card, thanks for joining us at OLLCB this week

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges,
xxx Ellie

Sue said...

This is beautiful Maria, it really does look peaceful. I love your dancer stamp x

SallyB. said...

it´s so wonderful, I like this stamp

Nikki Byrne said...

STUNNING!! I love this, Hugs Nikki

Patsi said...

Oh my this is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Bling It On xx

Von said...

Stunning creation ! :) I love those wings
Von x