Followers

Sunday 9 October 2011

Ella Bella

Hi

What a dully and rainy day it is in Manchester!  Perfect for crafting though :-) so I thought I would share this card with you, which I've made today.  Having received my order from Julia at Craft-Room yesterday, I was itching to try out this new stamp which I've bought, Ella Bella - this was definitely a "have to buy" stamp for me, lol.  I also went to the Happy Stampers Festival at Port Sunlight yesterday and bought far too many goodies, gilding flakes being one of them - which I also had to try out!  Put these two together and this is what I came up with:

Now, I've never, ever used gilding flakes before but having seen the samples at Port Sunlight, I just had to get some - I'm lovin' them already!  I used FlitterGlu to stamp the image onto black card then put the gilding flakes on.  I then went over the image with a scoochy sponge (a very rough sponge) to take the excess flakes off.  The sentiment is a LOTV one stamped directly onto the card blank, which I also used the gilding flakes on.  I mounted the image on to grey pearlised card then put onto a black card blank.  And that was it!  I to kept the card very simple so that the image was the focal point.

I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out, so I hope you like it - I'm going to enter it into the following challenges:-

Secret Crafter- Anything Goes, as long as it twinkles (does this come under "twinkling"?)
Mark's Finest Papers - No Designer Paper (#76)
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Use a Silhouette Stamp
Ladybug Crafts Ink - No Design Papers (#40)

Maria x

19 comments:

craft-roomjulia said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is just wonderful Maria. The FlittGlu works brilliantly every beautiful detail of that stamp is showing through. I haven't tried mine yet, still got headache. Love Julia xxxx

Esther said...

How funny I've just bought some gilding flakes too....love this card Maria, so elegant, just beautiful..can see why you had to have that stamp ! Esther xx

pinky said...

Stunning creation. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Debi said...

so pretty, not sure what the gliding flakes are - but think I want some :-)
and this stamp is gorgeous x Debi x

Pat said...

Very pretty. Thanks for playing with Speedy the Cats Friends.

Jean said...

Beautiful card, I love that stamp. Jean x

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. I love how it sparkles and shines. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Curly said...

OMGosh this is one super sparkly creation, I love the design and layout and fabulous colour theme too, its just perfect for our challenge

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 155 Anything Goes With Sparkle
I hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Gio said...

This card is so beautiful! Never used this technique, it's very inspiring!

TannyP said...

What a beautiful, sparkly silhouette! Thanks for playing along with our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge. This is gorgeous!

Micki said...

OMG, that is simply amazing. Beautiful! I've never tried this but man, am so going to try it after seeing this fabulous card. Wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Janeen said...

What an amazing card. She's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your creation in the challenge with Friends of Speedy the cat to not use designer paper. We appreciate you. Good luck.

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous sparkly creation and love the color choice, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.
hugs Kate xx
PS I have some new candy if you are interested:)

hazel said...

A beautiful card Maria, I love the image and guilding flakes.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love how you created this one Maria, so pretty and so special with the gilding work
hugs June x

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous!! Great job! Thanks so much for joining our Silhouette Challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope you'll come join us again next challenge!!

Darlene
One of the Sistahs!

Winnie and Patty said...

What a wonderful card! Great no designer paper challenge! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Designing with Debbie said...

Oh how pretty. I love the technique you used. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. We hope to see you again next week. Check out our new design team at SpeedyTV http://mfpspeedytv.ning.com/forum/topics/friends-of-speedytv-challenge-week-2

Andie's Space said...

Hi Maria,
I've always fancied having a go at gilding. I love the effect. This looks stunning against the black paper. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx