Followers

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Stamp your own background/background paper - Craft-Room Challenge DT

Hi, I hope you're all well.  It's time for a new theme over at the Craft-Room this fortnight.  Your entries for our Postcard challenge were beautiful, by the way.  This theme was chosen by our former DT member, Nikki, before she had to leave us, and she had chosen a great theme:
Stamp Your Own 
Background/Background Paper

No, you are not on the wrong blog, I have made a card this fortnight!!!  I'm very short of cards, as I don't really make any, so I have decided to try and build up a little stash of fairly flat ones which can be posted easily, for when I need them, and this is the first:


The background paper was first coloured with Antique Linen DI, taking the ink pad directly to the paper.  I then used a SU script background stamp with Coffee Archival Ink and attached to the card blank.  I stamped the corner stamp from Stampers Anonymous Floral Tattoo in opposite corners, and "Amour" (SU) in the bottom right, with Versamark and embossed with gold ep, and edged the card with Aged Mahogony DI.

Using another piece of card coloured with Antique Linen, the Eiffel Tower image from Stampendous was stamped in Coffee Archival ink, and the flowers and petals were coloured with Aged Mahogony DI, mixed with a little water.  I distressed the edges with a tool, and a little more Aged Mahogony, and then finished with some Treasure Gold.

We are kindly sponsored this fortnight by:

click on the banner to visit the shop where you will find some fantastic crafty supplies

Please pop over to the Craft-Room Challenge to take a look at what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you, along with Pia, aka Pihi, who is our Guest Designer for this challenge.  If you fancy joining us as a Guest Designer, please add GDT after your name, or get in touch with Mervi (DT), whose details are on the challenge site.

I haven't been very active in blogland lately due to a some health problems, so I sincerely apologise for not visiting you.  I am hoping to get back into the swing of things very shortly.  

Thank you for dropping in, and for your comments, they're much appreciated.

Enjoy your week!

Maria xxxxx


11 comments:

Mervi said...

hi Maz,
beautiful card, shame you don't do them more,lol.
Happy crafting;-))m

Vicky Hayes said...

I squawked when I saw this Maria - it's absolutely beautiful with a gorgeous romantic feel! Having bought sandals for me and shorts for the other half, I think I'm responsible for the continuing winter weather but your springtime in Paris theme might just banish it for good! Hope you're okay? Vicky x

chriscesar said...

Hi Maria, this is a lovely and romantic card. Why do not do more cards?.
Whishes

Jean said...

Hi Maria, this is a lovely card. I really like all the stamps you used,especially the Paris one. The colour is lovely and the gold embossing adds an exotic feel.
Jean x

Zoechaos said...

You old romantic you this is gorgeous. All the work on the background is wonderful while Paris in Springtime makes me want to go there NOW!

Great to catch up on saturday thanks XOXO Zoe

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hi Maria, love what you have done. This image is fabulous and you have made a lovely card. Love Suz xx

craft-roomjulia said...

A card Maz!!!!! Who would have thought it lol. Seriously this is stunning, those colours are totally scrumptious, love, love, love it. Julia xxxx

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Maria, lovely soft and romantic card. Hope you are improving ok and taking it easy. Nicola x

Debi said...

Maz, this is so pretty and girly, just love the gold and pink and Paris combo :-) Debi xoxo

hazel said...

I have the song going round my head now Maria. Your card is beautiful, I love the image and the background is fab.
xxx Hazel.

Esther said...

This is so beautiful Maria - such soft pretty colours and gorgeous stamping..love it..Esther xx