Followers

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Something for Friday Ice....

Hi, this is a very short post this evening.  I hope you are all well and having some decent weather.  I'd like to share something with you that I made a little while ago, which I'd like to enter into the current challenge over at the Friday Ice Linky Party before it closes:


I used an oval hollow backed, stop-watch style bezel:  


The Ice Resin was added in layers, along with the charms and TH sticker inside, then the bird was added onto the top so that it was half inside/half outside of the final layer of resin.  

This was my one of my first attempts at a hollow-backed bezels, I will share the others at a later date with you, but I quite like how this one turned out.

I hope your week is going well, and that you're looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend.

Thanks for dropping by, it's very much appreciated.

Maria xxxxx

11 comments:

Debi said...

too clever!!!! love your ice resin creations :-) Debi x

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Love this whole piece, I'm a big fan of watch cases, and bingo pieces, and bird, well I just love it all. You link for Friday ICE isn't working you may want to check back and update it with the "http://www." so that it will link up. thanks so much for joining in! Hugs!

Jean said...

Another really lovely piece Maria. It's a fab bezel and and a lovely arrangement of the other embellishments.
Jean x

chriscesar said...

This one is wonderful, you must be pround of it, i love how the bird is half in half out. Lovely work, waiting to see the others soon!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh it's wonderful Maria! I can't imagine how you get the first layer in a hollow piece? but it's SO effective the way you've built up the elements finishing with the half in/half out bird. Gorgeous! Vicky x

Gaby Bee said...

It looks great!!

Ephemera said...

Hi Maria, a really stunning hollow backed pendant, so pretty and great to capture all those trinkets in the ice resin. xx

Words and Pictures said...

Unbelievably cool... I'm going to have to look into this Ice Resin stuff!! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!
Alison x

craft-roomjulia said...

Super Ice Resin, I know why your hooked on this particular medium it looks amazing. The same one I made when you came around to mine didn't turn out as good as this, the tape did leave some staining on the back! You need to get a Folksy shop going Ms Green. Julia xxxx

Paper Profusion said...

Sorry Maria - don't know how I missed this post from you - your bezel is gorgeous - love how you have layered the elements inside and it all looks so clear and perfectly balanced. Gorgeously made. I hope that you are improving and getting on well. Nicola x

Anonymous said...

Amazing!
Your talent with the use of Ice resin has me in awe. It is so smooth. Wonderful use of layering the items.
Wishes
Lynne