Followers

Saturday 13 April 2013

A Bag Charm for Friday Ice

Hi, I hope you're all enjoying the milder weather, at long last, although we've had some rain today.  I'd also like to say a big hello to my new followers :-).

As you know, I've been dabbling with the Ice Resin lately, and would like to share a bag charm which I've made, over at Friday Ice, which posts on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month, ...


...and this is my bag charm:

The main bezel has a bit of everything in it - some shabby embossing enamel heated, then some unheated embossing enamel along with some microbeads, then some gilding flakes mixed into the top, and then a SU brad sits in the centre.

Once it had cured, I gave it another coat of resin to finish, which also gives it a nice weight.  I attached a split ring, some chain and a key ring clip, and added some antique bronze charms and strands of thinner chain to give it a bit of jangle.

In real life, the gilding flakes look gorgeous encased in the resin - I'm trying a few different things out to see how they look, as I'm finding out that some things look better than others.  I have another bag charm to ready to share with you soon, and a couple of other pieces of jewellery.  I'll also be back on Tuesday with my DT creation for the Craft-Room Challenge.

It's the start of the weekend so I hope you enjoy it and get some crafting time to yourself.

Thanks for dropping by, I really appreciate it.

Maria xxxxx

12 comments:

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Great idea! I love that you've made such pretty bling to decorate a bag. Too cool! Thanks so much for linking up! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Ink Art Designs said...

Oh these are so beatuiful Maria!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your bag charm turned out beautiful.Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

BEARKIS said...

Beautiful charm!!!

craftingwithmabel said...

Omg Maria, this is stunning, what a talented lady you are x

craftingwithmabel said...

Omg Maria, this is stunning, what a talent you have x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, Maria - the glossy surface adds such lustre to those complex, gorgeous gilded flakes within - wow!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Maria
I can definitely see you opening an Etsy store soon with all those incredible resin creations.
I am sure this catches the light so beautifully and it is gorgeous the way you have layered it with other charms.
Very special indeed.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. I still have to catch-up with you and will do so soon - hope life is being kind to you :)

Jean said...

A beautiful bag charm, the gilding flakes look fabulous.
Jean x

Barbara Mason said...

I think the bag charm is beautiful...I too love making charms for my bags...

Ephemera said...

How beautiful Maria, love the gorgeous heart charm, so stunning and will look amazing hanging from your bag. XX

Vicky Hayes said...

I know just how beautiful this bag charm is because I am lucky enough to have one quite similar, handcrafted by the incredibly talented Maria! I can't tell you how much I love it Maria and how much it's been admired. Thank you again. Vicky x