Followers

Thursday 27 September 2012

A Bag and A Tag!

Hi, I hope you are all well.  If you're here in the UK, the weather has been miserable with non stop rain!

This month's challenge over at The Stampsmith is Bags 'n' Tags, with only a few days left to enter.  My 'Plan A' for this challenge didn't go to plan at all (and is still 'in progress') so I opted for emergency 'Plan B' instead........Plan B was to alter a bag - the bag I used was one of the plain brown paper ones that is used for a sandwich meal deal in school (do not laugh!!!).  So, once I'd had my lunch, I kept the bag, and this is what it looks like now!!!

I stamped script (Andy Skinner) at random, then stamped some TH butterflies (Papillon), and a CI postmark,  here and there in Coffee Archival Ink.  Some SU lace was adhered along the handles, with a SU brad attached to the one on the right.  The lovely Serena (Stampsmith) was stamped in Black Stazon then tinted with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo DIs.  Some of the flowers were coloured with Claybord ink (pink/red).  The edges were distressed then it was mounted on some natural lightweight canvas, and then onto some pale pink netting.  A TH "bliss" ticket was added with a little more lace and a pink bow to finish.  I think this looks quite nice for a paper lunch bag, do you think?  They would make really nice gift bags for Xmas too!

Here's a close up of Serena:



The back was stamped, again in script and butterflies:


and I then made a tag to match:

I wanted a bit more of an aged look to the image on this, so I stamped it onto smooth cardstock with Archival Ink then added the same DIs as on the bag, and coloured only a few of the flowers in the Claybord ink.

As The Fashionable Stamping Challenge  would like to see us 'Alter Something', I'd like to enter my recycled paper lunch bag, and Live and Love Crafts would like to see 'Lovely Lace / Terrific Trims' so I'd like to enter both my bag and tag.

I hope you like them!

Bye for now

Maria xxxxx


16 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Wow Maria...this puts a whole new meaning to eating out in style! lol. I love the Serena stamp and how you have highlighted the flowers. So very beautiful! And how you have done the whole bag is gorgeous.
Thankyou for entering the Alter It challenge this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Ephemera said...

Hi Maria, thanks for the lovely comments on my blog and sorry for not visiting for a while :-) what a couple of beauties these are. Love all the gorgeous details and what a great idea to attach lace to the handle. Stunning, thanks so much for joining us at FSC. XX

craftingwithmabel said...

Maria this is gorgeous, I love everything about it, the fact that it was once a lunch bag, (although I hop there's no tuna mayo lurking at the bottom), the image, the colours and the lovely lace.
What a fab job and you wouldn't guess this was plan B.
I'd be glad to receive this as a pressie, never mind a gift bag XXX

chriscesar said...

Good job Maria! Plan B was a good choice. Was the meal good??? Now itis really a pretty bag for Xmas presents!
Friendly
Chris

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Serena is a beauty just as your tag and bag. I have plans to make some tags and bags for an Artisan market I am taking part in .... and if mine look anywhere near as good as yours I will be delighted...Suz xx

Jean said...

A great bit of recycling here as well as altering. I love the bag and tag, the stamp is one of my favourites and I like the way you have coloured the flowers. Jean x

Gio said...

Simply beautiful, Maria!!

hazel said...

A fabulous bag and tag Maria, I love everything about it.
xxx Hazel.

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,
What an absolutely fab alteration project! The script looks amazing on the paperbag, and you used the perfect sentiment for this lovely image. Love how you draped the lace over the handles.Thanks for joining the LLC challenge this month.

Hugz,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria
Sorry not to have visited sooner than this.
Your bag (and tag) are divine. I would happily use this bag, it is just made so beautifully and creatively and I love the up-cycled aspect to it.
Beautiful use of Serena.
Thank you for supporting TSC with your entry. Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Maria ! Love the stamps your've used and the lace handles are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous! The bag and tag are stunning! Love every detail! Thank you for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge!

Debbie

Mrs.B said...

Hi Maria, I think you will be eating out in style from now on!
Beautiful alteration, love the image and how you have highlighted some of the flowers.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril

Desire Fourie said...

Maria this is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Wishing you a fab Sunday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Maria, this is a wonderful set with so many fantastic details. Love the idea. Also your other two entries for FSC are gorgeous. Thanks alot :)

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous creation Maria. The stamping looks stunning and the Serena image is on my wish list.
Thanks for joining our alter it challenge at FSC and lovely to see you again.
Fliss x