Followers

Saturday, 19 November 2011

Silhouettes for Less Is More

Hi, I didn't plan on posting anything else today, however I've just seen the new Less Is More challenge theme of Silhouettes and wish I'd uploaded Dasher a little bit later in the day!  Ah well, never mind.  Here is my entry for LIM:


A close up of the colours in the gilding flakes
I've used the gilding flakes again, which I must say I'm becoming very fond of, and the stamp, from Penny Black, is one I acquired last Christmas with a magazine subscription.  I mounted the image on a home-made green tag which I cut too small for a different project.  I decided to leave the tab peeking out the side (although I'm not quite sure why!).

I would also like to enter this in Wags n Whiskers challenge as they are looking for Christmas Themed projects at the moment.

Bye for now

Maria x

23 comments:

Mandi said...

Beautiful card MAria
Your white silhouette works perfectly for our challenge

Thanks so much
mandi LIM

Carol said...

Beautiful card Maria, love the silhouetted trees. Carol x

Kathyk said...

Glorious card - Penny Black do THE most splendid Christmas stamps don't they?

Kathyk

~ Ali ~ said...

fabulous creation, love it

ali x

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, reverse - love it x

Debgem said...

Lovely! Such a beautiful image.

Toulouse31 said...

That really is a beautiful image and works really well in white :-)

Suze Bain said...

A gorgeous sparkly festive card. xx

Chrissie said...

I must admit that a gilded silhouette is a trifle novel, but it looks great!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzilou said...

Gorgeous stamp and love the guilding :)

StampnMichelle said...

Gorgeous card. Looks super.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, love those trees against the black background
Lindsay xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I think this is stunning Maria! Vx

Stephanie Lee said...

Wow!! your card is stunning!! You have this CAS style in the bag! glad to have you this week at Wags n Whiskers. xxx Steph

Marrigje said...

WOW Reverse! Love it!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maria
Fabulous card....
Hugs sylvie
xxxx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great idea! Love the colored flakes!

Margaret said...

Absolutely beautiful Maria
Margaret x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Maria,love the gilding ....
Mandy x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card, love the gilding
Beryl x

Jenny said...

So so pretty and magical Maria, you inspired me to try a white silhouette too :)
Jenny x

Aileen said...

Very magical and twinkly. Perfect for Christmas. x

Lisa A. said...

Hi Maria! I just love this tree image...love your sentiment and it's font...wonderful card:)!!