Followers

Friday 23 September 2011

A Vintage Tag

Hi, this is a very short post as it's scheduled.  Hopefully I'm lying on a sunbed at this moment in time, topping up my tan, on the beautiful island of Crete :-)!

This is a tag I've made using Distress Stains, which I've not used often:

I've used Walnut Stain, Antique Linen and Spun Sugar Distress Stains on the tag, then sprayed it with water, swooshed it about, then dried it with a heat gun.  These are the only three colours I have at the moment, lol!  The image is a transparency from a sheet that someone gave me, so I'm not sure where it's from - I've layered it onto some paper so that it stands out a bit.  Text stamped on the background (Timber Brown Stazon), roughed up the edges then went around them with a little antique gold rub on.  I've used alcohol inks on a small offcut of thick glossy card and stamped "escape" in Timber Brown Stazon.  Some dyed seam binding twisted round with a TH pin through the middle and a few gems attached to the pin.  Some liquid pearls, a heart and a Dream ticket to finish, with some frayed broderie anglaise along the bottom.

Tags, inks, distress stains and seam binding from Craft-Room Online shop.

Hope you like it.

Maria x

5 comments:

Kim B said...

I just love it!! Kim xx

Jean said...

Fabulous tag. I love the little girl picture and your embellishments are lovely.Jean x
PS. Hope you are enjoying the sun!

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous vintage tag Maria. XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

Fabulous tag Maria.
xxx Hazel.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Maria this is gorgeous you certainly know how to make a fabulous tag ! Love that image and the fantastic subtle colours you have used.

Marie