Wow, what a fortnight the Craft-Room Challenge has had!!! 223 entries in their first ever challenge - it was a huge success! The entries were so impressive with really beautiful and inspiring creations. Their next challenge is Altered Paper Dolls, which will run for two weeks. This really was fun to make as I haven't made a paper doll in a such a long time. Once I got started, that was it.
I thought I'd try something along the lines of a bit spookyish (but not too spooky). I used the Cricut to cut the two basic pieces and used Distress stain, stamps and trims. The veil came from some new net curtain I had for the front room window (but not any more!) and I used a bottle top with a paper flower for the head-dress The spiders were made from acrylic gems with flowersoft wire for the legs, which I coloured with a black promarker. The face was a download from the internet, with added eyeliner and white on the eyes, and I darkened the lips some more. I hope you like it.
Have fun making your doll, and good luck!
I'd also like to enter my altered paper doll into:
Make it Monday
See you soon
p.s. That's a tissue, printed with £20 notes, in the background - not real ones!